This blog explores the constant state of change in technology from the user's point of view.
Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
At last Thunderbolt 3 is available on Windows Laptops and Desktops like the Lenovo X1 Carbon (5th Gen) and the ASUS PRIME Z270-K motherboard.
The Thunderbolt 3 interface provides so much. Greater power up to 100W, video (two 4K displays), more protocols like PCI express, and Thunderbolt Networking with 10Gb Ethernet connection between computers. Maybe the "C" in Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) stands for "Conquering All".
PC port transfer speeds seem to be doubling with each iteration. Just look at the history of your Laptops or Desktops through the years!
- PC Serial Ports in 1981 Less than 1 Mbps
- PC Parallel Ports in 1981 1 Mbps
- USB (version 1.1) in 1996 12 Mbps
- FireWire 400 in 1996 400 Mbps (version 1)
- USB (version 2.0) in 2001 480 Mbps
- FireWire 800 in 2002 800 Mbps
- USB (version 3.0) in 2010 5 Gbps (5,000 Mbps)
- Thunderbolt in 2011 10 Gbps (10,000 Mbps)
- Thunderbolt 2 in 2013 20 Gbps
- Thunderbolt 3 in 2015 40 Gbps
No comments made yet. Be the first to submit a comment